Valentine’s Day isn’t just for lovebirds anymore – it’s the perfect time to show your love and appreciation for friends, family members, coworkers and other important people in your life. Giving a homemade gift is a great way to bring a smile to someone’s face. Here are 10 easy ideas for Valentine’s Day treats.
1. Chocolate Filled Sweet Rolls. Since Valentine’s Day falls on a Sunday this year, you’ve got plenty of time to make breakfast. Make these sweet rolls for your sweetest!
2. Chalkboard Love Notes Cookies. Cookies are your canvas this Valentine’s Day. Create blank chalkboard cookies using black fondant and Bright White Candy Melts Candy to write whatever your heart desires.
3. Penguin Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. Is there anything cuter than this little penguin holding a heart?! I smile every time I see these. Let Stephanie show you just how easy it is to create these loveable little penguins:
4. Cupid’s Arrow Valentine Cookies. The decorative hearts and arrows rest on a bed of buttercream icing, making these cookies the perfect treat for kids and adults alike! These hearts and arrows sprinkles are small, so try using a pair of tweezers to help set the decorations on the cookie without ruining the icing.
5. Valentine’s Day Cake Ball Pops. Need a few Valentine’s cake pop decorating ideas? Check out these heartfelt cake pops to give as treats to your sweethearts. Candy Melts candy and sprinkles make them even more tempting!
6. Ruffled Valentine’s Day Cupcakes. Piled high with ruffles and rosettes, these sweet Valentine’s Day cupcakes are a great way to say “I love you!” In different shades of pink, these cupcakes also sport a little candy heart on top for a crowning touch.
7. Scalloped Heart Cookies. Treat family, friends and co-workers to something they will all love this Valentine’s Day by making these easy and impressive cookies.
8. Layered Heart Cake. Simple, yet stunning, this Layered Heart Cake is all you need to tell your special someone that they’re loved. Made using Easy Layers pans and topped with a confectioners’ sugar glaze, this cake has sweetness in every layer. You could even fill every other layer with raspberries or strawberries for a sweet surprise! Watch how it’s done:
9. Love Squared Valentine Cookies. Create a soft, lacy icing effect on square-shaped roll-out cookies using the Color Flow dragging technique. These Valentine cookie ideas are great to give to friends!
10. Heart-on-Heart Valentine’s Day Brownies. Brownies are always my favorite sweet treat. Personalize these brownies with Candy Melts candy to make and decorate heart-shaped candy.
Tell us! What will you be making this Valentine’s Day?