Last week I talked about using the Icing Smoother to make perfectly smooth buttercream cakes. Today, it’s all about the texture! Introducing the new and much-improved Wilton Icing Comb Set! There are so many reasons why I love these things:
- They are comfortable in the hand.
- This set has a total of 6 designs for more decorating options. Some designs are traditional, and others are fresh and new. There are tons of options for cake texture!
This comb reminds me of waves, so I iced the cake in light blue. I also combed the top of this cake, and bordered the edge to conceal where the comb marks met up.
My favorite of the 6 designs! I think this comb is elegant. I left the top plain, but you could also comb the top if you want.
- The plastic edges leave behind crisp, clean details on buttercream icing.
- At 9 inches tall, you can comb the sides of the highest cakes, or the entire top of a 9 in. x 13 in. sheet cake with precision and ease!
- The Cake Combs snap together for quick storage in your kitchen drawer or Tool Caddy. Each comb has an “in” side and an “out” side, which fight tightly into one another when the combs are pressed together. This very simple friction fit makes it easy to separate the combs when you’re ready to use them, but are tight enough to keep them together during storage.
Have you tried combing a cake yet? What are some of your favorite ways to use cake combs?