It’s not like you need an excuse to bake, but brightening someone’s day with some baked goods is a pretty good one. Since today just so happens to be World Baking Day, why not try out a new cookie recipe? Here are 13 easy cookie recipes to add to your cookie collection.
Share any or all of these finished cookies with friends, family or coworkers. Our friends at Creativebug came up with a fun and thoughtful approach to gift giving with their #Make2Share Challenge. Here’s how it works: pick two friends, make them something special, gift it to them and share a picture of your gift on social media using the hashtag #Make2Share. Encourage your friends to pay it forward and make something for two of their friends to keep the cycle of gifting moving!
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies. They’re basic, but they’re a favorite for a reason. It just feels wrong for me to make a cookie recipe list and not include chocolate chip cookies. I’m always trying new recipes to find my latest favorite.
2. Toasted Coconut Cookies. Toasted Coconut flavor from the Treatology Flavor Kit takes on a nutty, caramelized flavor and that’s exactly what you’ll taste when you bite into a warm crisp cookie bursting with tropical island flavor. As the edges and bottoms of the cookies brown during baking, the caramelized flavor brightens the rich buttery notes of flavor. A pinch of sparkling sugar adds an extra element of crunch.
4. Espresso Shortbread Cookies. Pep up your shortbread cookie recipe with instant coffee granules, then dip these espresso shortbread cookies in melted white chocolate. Finish them off with a sprinkling of gold Pearlized Sugar.
5. Potato Chip Cookies. If you love salty and sweet, this cookie is for you. This simple cookie has crushed potato chips baked inside. Dip finished cookies in Dark Cocoa Candy Melts and then more crushed potato chips.
6. Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Combine two of the most popular cookies – oatmeal and chocolate chip – into one tasty treat.
7. Marshmallow and Dark Chocolate Cookies Recipe. Two of my favorite things, marshmallow and dark chocolate, make this richly simple cookie a chocolate lover’s dream. Although our marshmallow flavored Candy Melts featured in this recipe are no longer available (they were a limited edition flavor), you can use mini marshmallows in their place. Different limited edition Candy Melts are available each season, so be sure to stock up on your favorites before they disappear!
8. Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Cookies. Change up your chocolate chip cookie recipe by adding butterscotch chips.
9. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. Red velvet cookies are delicious year round! This lush red chocolate cookie gets a dusting of confectioners’ sugar over its crackled crust. Warning: they are addicting!
10. Fudge-Iced Walnut Cookies. Can’t get enough walnuts? With this cookie recipe, you’ll find walnuts mixed in the cookie dough as well as sprinkled on top of chewy fudge.
11. Double Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Rolled oats, semi-sweet chocolate chips, cranberries and white chocolate chips make for one sweet and moist cookie.
12. Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies. If you’re the type who likes to eat peanut butter by the spoonful, then you have to check out this cookie recipe. It’s got triple the peanut butter punch with creamy peanut butter, peanut butter chips and, of course, peanuts. This cookie is definitely fully loaded.
13. White Chocolate Oatmeal Pistachio Cookie. Pistachios and white chocolate make for another variation of oatmeal cookies.