We’re seeing stars! Galaxy cakes and space-inspired desserts have been all over the internet lately, and we love them for birthday parties, themed celebrations or as a special surprise for your favorite space geek. These cakes may seem difficult to pull off — but with the right tools and know-how, you can take your desserts to infinity and beyond in no time.
- Your favorite cake mix or recipe
- Color Mist Food Coloring Spray (blue, violet, pink and black)
- White Nonpareils Sprinkles
- White Sugar Pearls Sprinkles
- White-White Icing Color
- Countless Celebrations Cake Pan (if you’d like to make this a letter-shaped galaxy cake)
- Bake your cake and let it cool. Level the cake so the decorations will look smooth and even.
- Ice cake with a creamy white frosting.
- Alternating between blue, violet, pink and black Color Mist sprays, spray color onto cake. The less you think about it, and the more sporadic the color pattern, the more galaxy-like your cake will be!
- Using a large flat brush and White-White Liquid Color, splatter color onto the cake.
- Make your cake twinkle with starlight — add nonpareils and Sugar Pearls for the final touch!
Looking for more birthday cake inspiration? Check out more ideas on our birthday page here!