This Neon Zebra Birthday cake is party-ready! Bright zebra-inspired decorations make this cake a fun and colorful accent to any party. Mix and match colors to your liking to create a cake that suits your needs.
Makes about 12 servings.
- Bright White Candy Melts Candy (2 bags needed)
- Garden Candy Color Set (pink and green used)
- Primary Candy Color Set (orange and blue used)
- Cookie straws (3 used)
- Favorite cake recipe or mix (6¾ cups batter needed)
- White Ready-to-Use Decorator Icing – 4.5 lb. Tub (3 cups needed)
- Pink Icing Color
- White Candy Ganache Recipe (1 cup needed)
- Cooling Grid
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- 13 ¼ in. x 9 ¼ in. Non-Stick Cookie Pan
- 11 in. Straight Spatula
- 13 in. Angled Spatula
- 6 in. x 2 in. Round Pan
- Cake Leveler (optional)
Step 1: Tint white Candy Melts candy.
Tint candy with pink candy color:
- 2 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy – dark pink
- 2 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy – medium pink
- 2 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy – light pink
Tint candy with pink and orange candy colors:
- 2 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy – coral
Tint candy with blue and green candy colors:
- 2 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy – light teal
- 2 oz. melted white Candy Melts candy – dark teal
Step 2: Make candy decorations.
Place cream filled wafer cookies on cooling grid and cover with melted candy in the color of your choice. Fill disposable decorating bag with candy in another color and pipe horizontal stripes on cookies. Chill 10 to 15 minutes.
On cookie pan, pipe four different colors of zebra stripes (about 6 in. x 4 in.) in four different sections of the pan. Chill 10 to 15 minutes.
Using spatula, spread a different color of melted candy on top of each zebra stripe section, covering the stripes. Chill until set, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan and break into shards.
Step 3: Bake cakes.
Bake and cool three 2 in. cake layers. Level one layer to 1 in. high. Fill and stack layers for a 5 in. high cake.
Step 4: Tint icing.
Using Pink icing color, tint icing light pink. Ice cake smooth. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
Step 5: Tint ganache.
Make white chocolate ganache using bright white Candy Melts candy. Tint with Blue and Green candy color to make a light teal color. Pour over top of chilled cake just so it drips over the edge.
Helpful Hint: Use a disposable bag or spatula to help guide the ganache over the edge of the cake.
Step 6: Decorate cake.
Insert candy-coated cookies and candy shards into top of cake.