It’s March 1, and although it’s 30 degrees in Chicago with snow in the forecast, March means I start to think spring! Even though there may not be any flowers on the ground, you can add flowers to your sweet treats any time. Check out these ideas.
1. Touch of Violet Cupcakes. Pipe a simple flower petal design around the top of a cupcake and accent the petals with Wilton Color Mist food color spray. It’s a fast and easy way to add color – pick a few different colors and make a bouquet!
3. Buttercream Flowers: The Hydrangea. Hydrangea flowers in buttercream add impressive elegance to any cake. Watch how it’s done here:
4. Garden Shapes Cookies. Spring shapes and on-trend colors combine with a great woven texture to make these the cookies.
5. Marshmallow Petal Topped Cupcakes. Ordinary marshmallows are trimmed into petals, sprayed with Color Mist food color spray and planted atop a tasty cupcake!
6. Sweet Sunflower Candies. While the peak season for sunflowers is the summer months, I can’t resist the bright and cheerful look of these sweet candies. They’re so easy to make and are sure to brighten someone’s day!
7. Distinctive Daisy Marshmallow Treats. Spring’s signature icing flower sits on a springy, scrumptious marshmallow! Create the beautiful shade of blue with Color Mist food color spray and decorate with pretty Sugar Pearls.