If you’re a caramel lover, today is your day! There are so many ways to enjoy caramel: atop ice cream or in coffee drinks, covering apples, drizzling it over cookies or cakes, or simply enjoying it on its own. However you like it, celebrate National Caramel Day with one of these rich caramel recipes.
1. Salted Caramel Whoopie Pies. With just a hint of salt from the Salted Caramel Treatology flavor infused into this decadent whoopie pie recipe, every other delicious, chocolatey flavor is enhanced. A sprinkle of salt naturally brings out the toasty, browned notes of caramel. Add luciously soft whoopie pies sandwiched with cream filling and you have just the right level of elevated flavor – the perfect balance of salty and sweet.
2. Salted Caramel Pretzel Brownies. These ultra-fudgy brownies are topped with a layer of rich, creamy Salted Caramel-flavored white chocolate ganache. Pretzel bits are stirred into the brownie and then dusted over the top, providing a satisfying and salty crunch in every bite. Other brownies just don’t stack up.
3. Caramel Pecan Brownies. A simple brownie topped with a few pecans and caramel is a rich, classic dessert perfect for any time!
4. Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits with Caramel Glaze. Caramel doesn’t have to be saved for desserts only! Drizzle a caramel glaze on top of these cinnamon raisin biscuits for a special breakfast treat. Studded with plump raisins, these biscuits are best served warm with the caramel glaze still gooey and dripping.
5. Salted Turtle Cookie Cups. If you’re a fan of salty-and-sweet, do we have a cookie for you! Ooey gooey caramel, melted dark cocoa Candy Melts candy and a crunchy pecan top a buttery brown sugar cookie cup. A sprinkling of salt makes it even more divine.
Are you a fan of caramel? What’s your favorite caramel treat?