The very unofficial start to summer is fast approaching. I know I can’t wait for sunny days, summer nights and lots of cookouts. If you’re heading to a BBQ this Memorial Day, check out these 5 fabulous Memorial Day treats.
1. Firecracker Cake. This star-studded cake is a showstopper. Love Bakes Good Cakes used no-taste red and royal blue icing color in both the batter and icing to create one perfectly patriotic cake. Get the recipe and decorating instructions here.
2. Cherry Stuffed Oreo Truffles. These aren’t your ordinary Oreo truffles – for all you cherry lovers, there’s a cherry hidden inside! Lady and the Blog walks you through every step and covers these cherry-cookie truffles with white Candy Melts candy. Get the recipe here.
3. Patriotic White Chocolate Covered Oreos. If you’re not into the cherry Oreo truffles above, try dressing up Oreo cookies with Candy Melts candy like Premeditated Leftovers did. These candy-coated Oreos look so smooth, it’s hard to believe they’re edible! Get the full how-to here.
4. Firecracker Rice Krispie Treats. These rice cereal treats are just too cute! I love the creativity Shopper Strategy has shown by topping off these marshmallow cereal treats with a marshmallow covered in Candy Melts to look like a firecracker. Get the recipe and how-to here.
5. Red, White and Blue Homemade Ice Cream. Seems to me that the start of summer should include some ice cream. I’ve never made my own ice cream before, but I’m inclined to try it after reading through Growing Up Gabel‘s recipe and tutorial. She used no-taste red and royal blue icing color to pump up the patriotism. Get the full how-to here.
Tell us! What will you be bringing to your Memorial Day BBQ?