Nothing epitomizes the Kidult trend more than favorite childhood cereals re-imagined into grown-up style desserts. Here, colorful fruity cereal forms the five layers for a “cake” children of all ages can appreciate. The Easy Layers! cake pan set is used to mold the layers to perfect size.
Makes about 12 servings.
- Vegetable pan spray
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups colorful fruit-flavored cereal, plus additional for topping
- White Ready-to-Use Decorator Icing – 4.5# or Buttercream Icing Recipe (2½ cups needed)
- 5 pc. Easy Layers! Cake Pan Set
- Parchment Paper
- 13 in. x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Serving plate
- 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Round Decorating Tip 2A
- 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Preparing a decorating bag
Step 1: Make cereal layers.
Spray pans with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, microwave butter 30 until melted, about 30 seconds. Add mini marshmallows. Microwave on high 45 seconds; stir until smooth and marshmallows are melted. Add cereal. Mix until well coated. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans. Cover cake board with parchment; spray with vegetable pan spray. Unmold cereal layers onto parchment-covered board; cool completely.
Step 2: Decorate cake
Place a cereal layer onto serving plate. Fill decorating bag with tip 2A and icing. Pipe icing onto top,covering layer completely. Smooth icing with spatula. Repeat with remaining cereal layers. Spatula ice top layer; add cereal topping.
Check out just how easy it is to make this cake!