We’re seeing some serious stars here! Galaxy cakes and space-inspired desserts have been all over the internet lately, and we love them for birthday parties, themed celebrations or as a special surprise for your favorite space geek. These cakes may seem difficult to pull off — but with the right tools and know-how, you can take your desserts to infinity and beyond in no time.
- Your favorite cake box mix or Wilton cake recipe
- Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- Color Mist Food Coloring Spray (blue, violet, pink and black)
- White Nonpareils Sprinkles Pouch
- White Sugar Pearl Sprinkles
- White-White Icing Color
- Flat decorating brush
- Countless Celebrations Cake Pan (if you’d like to make this a letter-shaped galaxy cake)
- Pick your preferred cake recipe, prepare the batter and bake it accordingly.
- Once done, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.
- Level the cake so the decorations will look smooth and even.
- Frost the cake with Wilton’s iconic Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
- Alternating between blue, violet, pink and black Color Mist sprays, spray color onto the top of the cake and the sides of the cake. Trust us, the less you think about it, and the more free-wheeling the color pattern, the more galaxy-like your cake will be!
- Using a large flat brush and White-White Icing Color, splatter color onto the cake.
- Make your cake twinkle with starlight — by adding some white nonpareils and sugar pearls for the final touch!
Ready for more intergalactic inspiration? Check out our other projects below:
Grey Moon Cupcakes
Galaxy Mirror Glaze Cake
Galaxy Rock Candy
Looking for more birthday cake inspiration? Check out more ideas on our birthday page here!
And once you blast back to earth from your out of this world galaxy cake experience, let us know how it was in the comments below or post a picture on Instagram and tag us @Wiltoncakes.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo