When life hands you lemons, make a lemon lush! This delightful dessert gets the signature Wilton treatment, including coconut and a macadamia nut crust. Perfect for a summer’s day – or night – this refreshing citrus cake pairs a layer of sweet cream cheese and a layer of lemon pudding to create its unique mouthwatering flavor that’s both sweet and tart. See below for how to make this easy, breezy recipe!
- 1 package Whipped Icing Mix
- Jimmies Sprinkle Assortment
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 & 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1-1/2 sticks)
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 packages lemon instant pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 13 in. x 9 in. pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In food processor, process macadamia nuts and coconut until finely chopped. Add flour and butter; process until mixture forms a ball. Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake 19-21 minutes or until browned at edges. Let cool completely on cooling grid.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and lemon zest with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in 1 cup prepared Whipped Icing.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- In large bowl, whisk lemon pudding mix and milk for two minutes until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer and top with remaining whipped icing.
- Chill dessert at least one hour or until ready to serve.
Waiting for your lush to cool is the hardest part, but we assure you it’s worth the wait! Circulate this summer sweet into your rotation and let us know how you like it. Feel free to add your own unique additions to the recipe – after all, baking is all about trying and discovering new, surprising things! Follow us at @wiltoncakes for more dessert inspiration!
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo