Hi friends, Jenny here from JennyCookies.com! One of my favorite summer desserts to make is an Ice Cream Cake. My whole family loves to help make them, especially when they get to choose the flavors. You won’t believe how simple they are to make. So easy even small children can help! Plus, ice cream cakes are great for any summer birthday party you might have coming up!
Brownie Ice Cream Cake
1 pint of chocolate ice cream, softened
1 pint of cookie dough ice cream, softened
Brownie mix (your favorite homemade recipe or a boxed mix)
- Bake brownie recipe in springform pan. Allow to cool completely.
- Spread hot fudge topping on the top of the brownie, covering completely.
- Add pint of softened chocolate ice cream to top of fudge layer. Spread evenly. Place in freezer for one hour.
- When the chocolate ice cream is frozen, add layer of caramel sauce. Return to freezer and freeze for about a half hour.
- Add softened chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Spread to form an even layer.
- Add whipped cream topping. Spread until ice cream layer is completely covered.
- Top whipped cream layer with sprinkles. The more the happier! When covered, return to freezer and allow to chill for 12-24 hours.
Just before serving, bring cake out of freezer and allow to sit at room temp for about 5 minutes. It’ll be easier to slice!
Now that you know how easy it is, imagine the possibilities and combinations! Mix and match your favorite ice cream flavors and toppings to make your dream ice cream cake!
What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to tag us on Instagram @wiltoncakes so we can see your summertime creations!