Good things come in small packages, so with that in mind we whipped up these delightful and delicious mini fruit tarts. Fresh fruits sit atop a creamy tart filling inside a sugar cookie shell, making this dessert light and refreshing. These darling bites are perfect for BBQs, bridal showers, or a Saturday morning breakfast treat, so check out the recipe below and put them into your summer sweet rotation!
- 2 packages refrigerated sugar cookie dough (16.5 oz each)
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened (8 ooz each)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare mini muffin pan pan with vegetable pan spray.
- Divide cookie dough into 48 slices. Roll each slice into a 1 inch ball and place in each cavity.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through baking.
- Remove from oven and immediately press centers of cookies with a small spoon (a measuring spoon works well), to make a cup. Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove cookie shells to set cool completely on cooling grid.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, lemon juice and zest with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into cooled cookie shell. Top evenly with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
Feel free to switch out the fruit and try different combinations – use raspberries if you prefer a bit of tartness, peaches if you like to go a little sweeter!
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo