2019 is almost here and it’s time to celebrate! The New Year is known for glitter and champagne, so send 2018 out in style with this gorgeous Rose Gold & Pink Cake. Decorated with delicious buttercream and shimmering fondant pieces, this festive cake can make an appearance at other celebratory events throughout the year like birthdays, anniversaries, and bridal showers!
- Pink Gel Food Coloring Icing Color
- Brown Gel Food Coloring Icing Color
- Black Gel Food Coloring Icing Color
- Decorator Preferred White Fondant
- Creamy White Decorator Icing
- Edible Metallic Cake Paint Set
- Favorite Cake Mix or Recipe (9 cups of batter needed)
Step 1 – Bake and prepare cake.
- Prepare cake batter following recipe instructions. Bake and cool three cake layers.
- Trim one layer to 1 in. high.
- Fill and stack layers for 5″ high cake.
- Ice cake smooth.
Step 2 – Tint fondant.
- Tint 2 oz. white fondant grey using color combination provided.
- Combine Black and touch of Brown icing colors to get grey color shown.
- Using Pink icing color, tint 2 oz. fondant pink.
- Using Black icing color, tint 1½ oz. fondant black.
- Marbleize black fondant with 1½ oz. white fondant. Reserve 4 oz. fondant white.
Step 3 – Decorate Cake
- Using fondant roller with pink guide rings, roll out grey, pink, marbleized and white fondant, separately.
- Using craft knife, cut out shapes using printable pattern.
- Combine gold cake paint with touch of red cake paint to make rose gold. Using decorating brush, paint white fondant shapes rose gold. Let dry, about 5 minutes.
- Attach all pieces to cake as desired.