If you’ve started to notice the small hint of autumn in the air – pumpkins at roadside stands, breaking out your coziest sweaters from summer storage, leaves starting to turn a slight shade of yellow – you’re not the only one. Fall is one our favorite times of the year, so we’re getting ready with some of our favorite recipes. There’s just something special about freshly baked apple cider doughnuts, and this recipe for baked doughnuts with whipped maple topping is one we really enjoy because it’s simple, quick and fun. So if you have a tailgate or hay ride with the family coming up, don’t forget the apple cider and, more importantly, the doughnuts!
Check out the recipe below for the best baked apple cider doughnuts recipe ever, just in time for the start of fall!
- 6-Cavity Doughnut Pan
- Tip: 1A (optional)
- Cooling Grid
- 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon apple cider
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Maple Whipped Topping
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray doughnut pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add cider, eggs and butter; beat by hand until just combined.
- Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until the tops of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. Doughnuts are best served fresh.
Apple Cider Glaze
- In small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and apple cider until smooth.
- Dip tops of doughnut in glaze and set on cooling grid, allowing glaze to drip. Serve immediately.
- In small bowl, fold together whipped topping and extract. Serve with glazed doughnuts.
- To make a sandwiched doughnut, cut doughnut in half lengthwise, using a 1A tip, pipe ring on top of baked apple cider glazed doughnut
- Top with second doughnut half.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo