The Danish have a word for the feeling of being with close friends and family in a cozy environment: hygge. It’s all about staying warm on the inside when it’s cold on the outside. With the concept of hygge in mind, we crafted a warm, tasty – and boozy! – dessert to help cure those cold weather blues. This fall, delight your dinner guests with our bourbon bread pudding, made with buttery croissants and topped off with a bourbon caramel sauce that packs a whole lot of sweet and syrupy flavor.
If you’re looking for more ways to stay cozy and warm inside, take a peek at our Fall Favorites, including fall projects, recipes and much more!
- 2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract, 2 oz.
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- heavy whipping cream (1/4 cup for bread pudding, 2 tablespoons for sauce)
- 5 eggs
- firmly packed light brown sugar (1/2 cup for bread pudding, 1/2 cup for sauce)
- bourbon (3 tablespoons for bread pudding, 3-4 tablespoons for sauce)
- salt (1/2 teaspoon for bread pudding, 1/4 teaspoon for sauce)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 12 Large croissants (cut into 1 in. cubes, about 18 cups cubed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 13 in. x 9 in. pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla and salt. Add cubed croissants and pecans; toss until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For sauce: in small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and bourbon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat. Stir in cream and salt.
- Serve sauce warm with bread pudding and enjoy with friends and family!
We want to know how it turned out! Let us know and share a photo of your finished product and tag us @Wiltoncakes.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo