The Danish have a word for the feeling of being with close friends and family in a cozy environment: hygge. It’s all about staying warm on the inside when it’s cold on the outside. With the concept of hygge in mind, we crafted a warm, tasty – and boozy! – dessert to help cure those cold weather blues. This fall, delight your dinner guests with our bourbon bread pudding, made with buttery croissants and topped off with a bourbon caramel sauce that packs a whole lot of sweet and syrupy flavor.
If you’re looking for more ways to stay cozy and warm inside, take a peek at our Fall Favorites, including fall projects, recipes and much more!
- 2 tablespoons clear vanilla extract, 2 oz.
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- heavy whipping cream (1/4 cup for bread pudding, 2 tablespoons for sauce)
- 5 eggs
- firmly packed light brown sugar (1/2 cup for bread pudding, 1/2 cup for sauce)
- bourbon (3 tablespoons for bread pudding, 3-4 tablespoons for sauce)
- salt (1/2 teaspoon for bread pudding, 1/4 teaspoon for sauce)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 12 Large croissants (cut into 1 in. cubes, about 18 cups cubed)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 13 in. x 9 in. pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar, bourbon, vanilla and salt. Add cubed croissants and pecans; toss until evenly coated.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
For sauce: in small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and bourbon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Cook 1 minute, then remove from heat. Stir in cream and salt.
Serve sauce warm with bread pudding and enjoy with friends and family!
We want to know how it turned out! Let us know and share a photo of your finished product and tag us @Wiltoncakes.