Whether you’re a good witch or a bad witch, you’re sure to love these Witch Fingers Cookies! Sweet, buttery, and easy to make, these cookies are great for serving on a platter or using to decorate a fun Halloween cake. Begin by tinting your cookie dough with green food coloring, then use Red Candy Melts candy and almond slices to decorate. Easy enough for kids and beginning bakers and decorators, these finger-shaped cookies with sliced almond fingernails are a fun addition to any spooky Halloween party!
Creepy Green Witch Fingers Cookies
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Measuring Cup
- In large bowl, beat confectioners’ sugar, butter and icing color with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Add flour and salt; mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Prepare cookie pans with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Divide dough evenly into 24 pieces. Begin rolling the dough pieces into about 4 to 4-1/2 inches long and place onto prepared cookie pan.
- On one end of the cookie, make a slight impression in the dough for the “fingernail.”Using a pairing knife, make indentations in the cookies for knuckles. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Place cookies in refrigerator and chill for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- Remove cookies from refrigerator and bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden brown at edges.
- Remove from oven and place cookie sheet on top of cooling grid to cool for 1 minute. Remove cookies from pan; place onto cooling grid to cool completely.
- Melt Red Candy Melts Candy according to package instructions. Use a small amount of melted candy to attach 1 almond slice to end of cookie for fingernail. Dip other end of cookie in melted candy and chill until set, about 10-15 minutes.