There is no doubt that you’ll love these delicious homemade strawberry shortcake donuts. Only baked for 7-9 minutes, this mini strawberry shortcake donut recipe is quick to make and simply delicious. Top these fluffly donuts with a sweet vanilla glaze for the ultimate treat. Whether you make one dozen or ten dozen, these adorable mini donuts are perfect for any occasion from a quick snack to a brunch celebration!
Mini Strawberry Crunch Donut Recipe
- Mini Donut Baking Pan, 12-Cavity
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Medium Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
Strawberry Crumb Topping
- 2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cold butter cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 package (.8 ounces) freeze dried strawberries finely chopped and divided
- 1 cup Powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1-2 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie pan with parchment paper and prepare 2 Daily Delights mini donut pans with vegetable pan spray.
- Make strawberry shortcake crumb topping. In small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle on prepared cookie pan. Bake 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway through bake time. Let cool completely.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Make donuts. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In medium bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, melted butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in 1/2 cup finely chopped freeze dried strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly among cavities, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until top of donuts spring back when lightly touched. Cool donuts in pan on cooling grid 3 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on cooling grid.
- Make glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk; whisk until smooth.
- In a second small bowl, combine cooled crumb toppingand remaining 1/3 cup freeze dried strawberries.
- Dip donuts in glaze, allow excess to drip away, and then dip in strawberry topping.