There is no doubt that you’ll love these delicious homemade strawberry shortcake donuts. Only baked for 7-9 minutes, this mini strawberry shortcake donut recipe is quick to make and simply delicious. Top these fluffly donuts with a sweet vanilla glaze for the ultimate treat. Whether you make one dozen or ten dozen, these adorable mini donuts are perfect for any occasion from a quick snack to a brunch celebration!
Mini Vanilla and Chocolate Pound Cake
- Fluted Pan
- Medium Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Tip 22
- Orange Icing Color
- Rose Icing Color
- Violet Icing Color
- Royal Blue Icing Color
- Sky Blue Icing Color
- White Nonpareils
- 1-3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 ounces Bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 10 tablespoons Butter softened
- 1-1/4 cups Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Sour cream
- ¾ cup Wilton Creamy White Decorator Frosting
- Tint Icing. Using icing colors, tint ½ cup icing each color as follows:· Orange(Orange icing color)· Rose(Rose icing color)· Sky Blue (Sky Blue icing color)· Magenta(Rose and Violet icing colors)· Purple(Royal Blue, Violet and Rose icing colors)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 6-cavity fluted tube pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl or other microwave-safe container, microwave chocolate at half (50%) power for 60 seconds. Stir thoroughly. Continue to microwave and stir at 30 intervals until smooth and completely melted. Set aside to cool slightly while mixing batter.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating until just combined
- Measure out 1 cup batter and stir into melted chocolate until thoroughly combined. Divide batter evenly into the prepared pan cavities, smoothing into an even layer.
- Divide remaining vanilla batter evenly into the prepared pan cavities; smooth tops.
- Bake 28-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few crumbs attached.Cool in pan on cooling grid 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on grid.