Create your own delicious ice cream with this Easy Candy Melts Swirl Ice Cream recipe. Great for topping brownies, cakes or just eating on its own, this homemade ice cream recipe is easy to make and can be made using any flavor or color of Candy Melts candy.
Simply make a ganache using your chosen bag of Candy Melts, then drizzle it into your cream mixture for a fun, colorful swirl through your ice cream. Best of all, no ice cream machine needed! This frozen treat is made using an electric mixer and a loaf pan.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream divided
- ⅓ cup Wilton Candy Melts Candy
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- First, make ganache. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup candy melts with 2Tablespoons heavy whipping cream. Microwave on half (50%) power 60 seconds; stir. Continue heating in 30 second intervals at half power, stirring between each, until candy is melted and smooth
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form. Fold in condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Pour 1/3 of whipped cream mixture into a 9 in. x 5 in. loaf. Drizzle with 1/3 of candy melt ganache. Continue alternating ice cream mixture and ganache, ending with ganache. Use a spatula to swirl ganache and cream together slightly.
- Cover ice cream with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Use your favorite flavor or color of Candy Melts Candy to add a unique touch to your ice cream!
- Ice cream can be kept frozen, tightly wrapped, up to 1 month.
View similar projects, tips and tricks using Candy Melts Candy!
What are Candy Melts
Candy Melts Coloring Chart
How to Melt Chocolate: 3 Easy Methods for Melting Chocolate
How to Make Basic Candy Ganache & Truffles