Happy April! The days are longer, the tulips are planted and warmer weather is just around the corner. To celebrate the imminence of sunny days, al fresco dining and the blog’s second edition of First Friday, we’re sharing one of our favorite springtime dessert recipes — rosé champagne cupcakes. We hope you adore these champagne infused cupcakes with rosewater buttercream frosting as much as we do!
- White Sugar Pearls
- 1 package (18.2 oz.) white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cup sweet rosé champagne
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (about 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoons rosewater*
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
*You can find rosewater in the Middle Eastern section of your grocery store.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, champagne, egg whites and oil. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Fill baking cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on grid.
- For icing, beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Add rose water. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. Add milk and beat until light and fluffy.
- Using a 1M tip, pipe a large rosette on top of each cupcake; top with Sugar Pearls.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo