While Cinco de Mayo may be a low-key military victory celebration in Mexico, it’s America’s favorite way to celebrate Mexican culture, food, traditions and cocktails — so what better way to celebrate this festive day than with a platter of margarita cupcakes? Whip up these little beauties alongside the real deal to complete your table spread.
- 1 package (18.25) ounces white cake mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen Margarita mix (thawed, undiluted)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (grated)
- Buttercream icing (with lime zest, optional)
- Rose Icing Color
- White Sparkling Sugar
- Green Ombre ColorCup Baking Cup
- Colored Lollipop Sticks (Red)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, Margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil using electric mixer. Stir in lime zest; mix completely. Fill prepared pans 2/3 full.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
- Prepare buttercream icing and tint using small amount of Rose Icing Colors.
- Ice cupcakes. Using tip 1M, pipe buttercream swirls on top of cupcakes.
- Top cupcakes with white sparkling sugars. Insert lollipop sticks into cupcakes and enjoy!
We think these cupcakes pair well with tacos of any and all varieties. If you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo this weekend, snap a photo of your Wilton creations and tag us on Instagram at @wiltoncakes. Wishing you a happy and safe Cinco de Mayo from your friends at Wilton!
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo