Sweet and spooky, this Halloween treat makes the most of all that candy you might have left over from your holiday trick-or-treat outing. Combining gooey ganache with a crispy cookie crust, not to mention your favorite Halloween candies, there’s no tricks to this treat. You can find almost all the ingredients you need right here at Wilton – but we’ll leave the leftover candy up to you.
If you’ve been looking for a fun, and delicious, project for you and the family, get cooking with this Leftover Halloween Candy Ganache Tart.
- Halloween Orange & Black Nonpareils
- Pumpkins Sprinkles, 3.5 oz.
- Ghosts Sprinkles Mix
- Halloween 6 Cell Sprinkle Mix
- Skulls Sprinkles, 3.5 oz.
- 24 Favorite chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- candy (Assorted candy, such as chocolate bars, candy corn, candy-coated chocolates)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In bowl of food processor, process cookies until fine crumbs form. In small bowl, stir together cookie crumbs and butter. Press mixture into bottom of 9 in. removable bottom tart pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from oven; cool completely on cooling grid.
- In medium microwave-safe container, combine Candy Melts Candy and cream. Microwave at half (50%) power 1 minute; stir. Microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melts are almost melted. Stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly, pour into cooled crust and let stand until ganache mixture is thick enough that the candies will not sink, about 30 minutes. Top with assorted sprinkles and candies. Cool completely.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo