- 1/2 teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract
- butter, melted (4 tablespoons for topping, 1/2 cup for cake)
- 1/2 cup firmly pressed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 cups Bartlett or Bosc pear (about 1 ripe pear, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- vanilla ice cream (to serve, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 9 in. pan with vegetable pan spray.
- For topping, in small bowl stir together butter, brown sugar and ginger. Spread mixture in an even layer in pan. Arrange pear slices over butter mixture; set aside.
- For cake, combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well-combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk; mixing until just combined. Pour batter into pan over pear slices.
- Bake 37-39 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes and then turn out onto serving plate.
- Serve slightly warm with ice cream, if desired.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo