Enjoy all the warm and delicious flavors of your favorite winter drink with these Hot Cocoa Cookies. Rich, chewy and oh so chocolatey, these bite-sized treats are sure to become a new holiday favorite!
Hot Cocoa Cookies
- ½ cup Butter 1 Stick Cut Into 1/2 Inch Pieces
- 1 ¼ cups Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Candy divided
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 15 Standard-Size Marshmallows Cut in Half
- White Nonpareil Sprinkles
Step 1: Prep Your Pans
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350°F. Prepare your cookie pans with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine Your Ingredients
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium microwave-safe container, combine the butter and 3/4 cup dark cocoa Candy Melts candy. Microwave at half (50%) power 1 minute, then stir to combine.
- Continue to microwave on 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until the candy and butter are melted. Stir thoroughly until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the mixture cool at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the chocolate candy mixture, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, scraping down bottom and sides of bowl as necessary, beating until flour is just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Step 3: Scoop Your Cookies
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop and drop cookies onto your prepared cookie pans, spacing them about 2 in. apart.
- Bake your cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, or until the cookies crack on top. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the pan for about 5 minutes.
- While the cookies are still hot, carefully place one half marshmallow in the center of the cookie, cut side down, and gently press into place.
- Remove cookies to a cooling grid and let them cool completely.
Step 4: Decorate Your Cookies
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining Dark Cocoa Candy Melts candy following the instructions on the package.
- Using a decorating bag or a fork, drizzle the cooled cookies with the melted candy. Immediately sprinkle with white nonpareils.
- Let your cookies stand at room temperature until the candy is set. This should take anywhere from 10to 20 minutes. To speed up the process, you can also place your cookies in the refrigerator just until the candy hardens, about 5 minutes.
- Marshmallows are easier to cut using kitchen scissors.
- The parchment paper you used for baking can be re-used for drizzling cookies. If the paper is greasy, just turn it over to the other side.
- For a fun holiday twist, use red and green nonpareils to top your cookies, or add some flavor and texture with peppermint crunch candies!
Check Out More Cookie Recipes & How-Tos
If you're looking for a quick and easy way to spice up your holiday baking, Spritz cookies are the answer! Made using a cookie press and a variety of disks, these cookies are a holiday staple friends, family and Santa himself will love.Ready to start pressing? This...
Seemingly both crispy and soft at the same time, these cookies have a nougat-like texture and can be filled with anything from buttercream to lemon curd. Oh so easy to eat— a little tricky to make.If you’re like me, macarons have been on your baking bucket list for a...
Perfect for making large batches of buttery Spritz cookies, a cookie press is a fun kitchen gadget that will make your holiday baking much easier. We’ll break down how to use your Wilton cookie press, as well as share a few tips and tricks for getting perfect cookies...