Sink your teeth into the spooktacular world of Halloween desserts with our Blood Ooze Cupcakes. These delectable treats feature a molten, crimson center that oozes out like a creepy surprise. Don’t be fooled by their gruesome appearance – underneath the ghastly exterior lies a sweet and delightful dessert that will leave your taste buds screaming for more. Perfect for adding a touch of horror to your Halloween festivities!
Oozing Intestine Cupcakes
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 #8 Round Decorating Tip
- 1 Cupcake Corer
- 1 Boxed chocolate cake mix or your favorite chocolate cake recipe and associated ingredients We recommend The Best Chocolate Cupcakes - Wilton
- 3 cups Creamy White Decorator Frosting, Vanilla Flavored, 4 lb.
- 1 container Black Gel Food Coloring, 1 oz.
- 1 container Pink Gel Food Coloring, 1 oz. from Pastel Gel Food Color Set
- 1 container Green Gel Food Coloring, 1 oz. from Pastel Gel Food Color Set
- 1 container Edible Fake Blood Glaze for Cakes and Cupcakes, 4 oz.
- Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe or boxed chocolate cake mix, following the instructions for 24 cupcakes.
- Cool cupcakes in pans for 5 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Use the corer to create a well for the Edible Fake Blood Glaze from the top. You can also use the back of a large metal piping tip, a small serrated spoon or a small paring knife to remove the center of the cupcake. Remove 1.5” or ⅓ into cupcake.
- Mix the 2 cups (16 oz.) of Creamy White Decorator Frosting with 1 container of black gel food coloring.An alternative is to use 2 cups (16 oz.) of chocolate icing. Mix black gel food coloring into icing until desired color is reached.
- Frost the top of the cupcakes around the hole, leaving the hole open to fill with the Edible Fake Blood Glaze.
- Fill the hole in the cupcake with Edible Fake Blood Glaze.Tip: Serve within 24 hours to get the full oozing effect and not allow the cupcake to absorb the Edible Fake Blood Glaze.
- Frost the top of the cupcakes with the black frosting mix to cover the hole on the top. Use ample frosting so as to avoid creating crumbs while spreading.
- Mix 1 cup (8 oz.) Creamy White Decorator Frosting with pink and green gel food coloring until you get the desired color. Tip: Mix approximately 2 drops of pink gel food coloring for every 1 drop of green gel food coloring.
- Add intestine frosting to a piping bag with a #8 Round Decorating Tip. Have fun building frosting squiggles on top of the cupcake!
- Finish by drizzling Edible Fake Blood Glaze on top.