Write RIP and more on a tombstone with these custom graveyard cupcakes piled high with bloody bones on top. These spooky treats are sure to be a hit at a Halloween party and make all the ghouls and ghosts in attendance feel special.
Graveyard Cupcakes with Tombstone Toppers
- 1 Small Bowl
- 1 Boxed chocolate cake mix or your favorite chocolate cake recipe and associated ingredients We recommend The Best Chocolate Cupcakes - Wilton
- 1 package Chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 pouch Black Buttercream Icing Pouch with Star and Round Tips, 8 oz.
- 1 package Graveyard Tombstones & Bones Edible Decorations Kit
- 1 package Zombie Hand Decorating Kit, 12-Count
- 1 package FoodWriter Edible Color Marker Set, Black, 2-Piece
- Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe or boxed chocolate cake mix, following the instructions for 24 cupcakes.
- Cool cupcakes in pans for 5 minutes, then remove and place on a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
Prepare "Dirt" Topping
- Prepare dirt topping by crumbling up chocolate sandwich cookies to fine crumbs and put into a small bowl. Tip: Use a food processor to easily get fine cookie crumbs.
Cupcake Frosting & Topping
- Use black buttercream icing pouch to frost the top of the cupcakes.
- Dip the frosted cupcake into the bowl of cookie crumbs to create the dirt effect.
- Write your loved ones’ names on the tombstones with the edible marker.
- Add bones and tombstones from Graveyard Tombstones & Bones Edible Decorations Kit to each cupcake.
- Add zombie hands from Zombie Hand Decorating Kit where you see fit.