Wondering how to frost cupcakes with a cute little swirl? Here is a quick way to decorate cakes and cupcakes. It just takes minutes to pipe a fancy iced swirl and add colorful sprinkles. Learn how to make a swirl using a 1M star tip as well as tips 2A and 2D.
How to Pipe a Cupcake Swirl
- Open Star Cake Decorating Tip 1M
- Large Round Tip 2A
- Large Drop Flower Cake Decorating Tip 2D
- Using a decorating bag fitted with tip 1M, 2D or 2A, hold the bag straight up, with the tip about half an inch above the surface of your cupcake.
- Starting at the center of the cupcake and using your dominant hand, squeeze the bag firmly to form a star or dot. Without releasing pressure, raise the tip slightly as you drop a tight line of icing around the star in a complete rotation. Cover the top of the cupcake completely.
- For additional height after completing the first rotation, continue moving the tip toward the center and up and around to make a second rotation around the inside edge of the first rotation.
- After completing the first rotation, move the tip slightly inward and repeat the circular motion. Continue spiraling until you reach the desired height. End the spiral at the center of the cupcake. Stop squeezing before pulling the tip away.
Check Out More Tips & Tricks:
If you need a visual to go along with the project, take a look at our video demonstrating all the ways this tip can make your decorating dreams come true.
Learn how to achieve the perfect buttercream consistency with these tips and tricks for making buttercream frosting,
Whether you need to know how many servings your cake will yield or how much batter or icing you need to fill your pan, this cake sizes and cake serving chart will help you figure it out!
Whether you’re new to baking or you’re just looking to fine-tune your skills, these tips and tricks for baking a perfect cake will help you get great results every time.
Wondering how to get perfect cake layers? It’s actually easier than you think! By choosing the right pan and preparing it properly, you can bake delicious cake layers that will be ready to decorate in no time!
Two-Tone Frosting Swirl
How to Pipe a Rosette
Swirl Drop Flower Cupcakes
How to Fill & Layer a Cake
How to Pipe a Star
Easy Chocolate Buttercream Frosting