Learn how to pipe beautiful rosettes, big and small, to add charming floral accents. Rosettes are a great way to create quick decorations. Different tips create different petal effects. Rosettes can be used to add a simple floral accent to a dessert, or cover a cake and cupcakes.
How to Pipe A Rosette
- Using a decorating bag fitted with a star tip, hold the bag straight up, with the tip just slightly above the surface.
- Starting at the center of the cake, squeeze to form a star. Without releasing pressure, raise the tip a little bit and move it slightly to the side. This will be the starting point of your rosette.
- Pipe a line of icing moving toward the top of the star. Using a circular motion, pipe a tight circle around to the starting point of your rosette.
- To prevent a tip from forming, decrease pressure as you close your rosette. Stop squeezing right before you connect, then pull away.
- Standard Open Star Tip 32
- Open Star Cake Decorating Tip 21
- Open Star Cake Decorating Tip 16
- Open Star Cake Decorating Tip 18
- #199 Open Star Piping Tip
- #109 Drop Flower Piping Tip
- 1M Open Star Piping Tip
- Large Drop Flower Cake Decorating Tip 2D
- Large Drop Flower Tip 2C
- Large Drop Flower Tip 2F
- Extra Large Drop Flower Tip 1G
- Extra Large Drop Flower Tip 1B
Check Out More Tips & Tricks
The Amazing 1M Decorating Tip
If you need a visual to go along with the project, take a look at our video demonstrating all the ways this tip can make your decorating dreams come true.
Cake Baking & Serving Guide
Whether you need to know how many servings your cake will yield or how much batter or icing you need to fill your pan, this cake sizes and cake serving chart will help you figure it out!
How to Avoid Common Cake Baking Mistakes
Whether you’re new to baking or you’re just looking to fine-tune your skills, these tips and tricks for baking a perfect cake will help you get great results every time.
Cake Bakeware 101: How to Prepare a Cake Pan and More
Wondering how to get perfect cake layers? It’s actually easier than you think! By choosing the right pan and preparing it properly, you can bake delicious cake layers that will be ready to decorate in no time!
Buttercream Frosting Tips and Tricks
Making your own buttercream from scratch is a great way to add flavor and personal flair to your cakes and cupcakes, but if your butter is too soft or the room is too hot, your frosting may not come out as desired.