These days, there seems to be a day for everything. We happen to think one of the greatest national “holidays” ever is National Taco Day, because who doesn’t love tacos? Not only are they little pockets of goodness, but there are endless taco variations out there to indulge in. We’ve come up with a unique taco recipe that we think is a fun new take on the taco – Mini Taco Cups! Portable, festive and fun, this easy taco recipe is a great grab-and-go snack that’s sure to be a hit at your next tailgate or house party. Get prepped for this year’s National Taco Day, October 4th, with our mini taco cups recipe, and our line of Mega Bakeware with pans, sheets, and more for just about every dish.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (1.5 ounces) reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Tomato (about 1 medium)
- 3 tablespoons chopped Fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare 48 cavity mini muffin pan with vegetable pan spray.
- Prepare large skillet with vegetable pan spray. Cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5-6 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring to crumble meat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and cook 6 minutes longer, or until cooked through. Stir in tomato sauce and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Carefully press wonton wrappers into prepared pan to form a cup. Spray each wonton with vegetable pan spray. Divide meat evenly into wonton cups and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through baking time. Cool in pan on cooling grid 5 minutes, then remove to serving plate. Top evenly with sour cream, chopped tomato and chives. Serve warm.
Makes 4 dozen.
If you tried out these mini tacos, or came up with your own unique taco creation for National Taco Day, we want to hear about it! Tell us all about it and be sure to follow us on Instagram at @wiltoncakes for more creative recipes and party ideas!