Tools You’ll Need:
- Rolling Pin
- Cookie Sheet
- Cooling Grid
- 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- 4-Piece Coupler Set
- Round Decorating Tip 1 (2 tips needed)
- Round Decorating Tip 3 (5 tips needed)
- Round Decorating Tip 5 (4 tips needed)
- Star Decorating Tip 14 (4 tips needed)
- Bake cookies. Prepare cookie dough following recipe instructions. Roll dough to 1/8 in. thickness. Using knife and ruler, cut 3½ in. x 2½ in. rectangles from cookie dough. Bake and cool cookies.
- Ice cookies. Using about 2¼ cups creamy white icing and spatula, ice cookies smooth. Reserve remaining white icing for later step.
- Tint icing. Using Teal, Lemon Yellow, Black and Pink icing colors, tint ¾ cup icing each teal, yellow, black and light pink. Tint ¾ cup icing each dark pink and dark blue using color combinations provided.
- Decorate cookies. Prepare four decorating bags with couplers. Fill separately with dark pink, teal, dark blue and yellow icing. Prepare additional bag with tip 3 and light pink icing. Prepare two decorating bags with tip 1. Fill separately with black and white icing.
- Llama cookies:
- For teal llamas, using light pink icing with tip 3, pipe inner ear. Using teal icing and tip 5, pipe outer ear. For pink llamas, using light pink icing with tip 3, pipe inner ear. Using dark pink icing and tip 5, pipe outer ear.
- Prepare dark pink, teal, dark blue and yellow bags with tip 14. Pipe three rosettes on base of ears, alternating colors as desired.
- Using black icing, pipe eyes, eye lashes, nose and mouth on llamas. Using white icing, pipe eye highlight on open eyes.
- For teal llamas, switch teal icing to tip 3, pipe nose arch. For pink llamas, switch dark pink icing to tip 3, pipe nose arch.
- Prepare dark blue and yellow bags with tip 3. Using dark blue, yellow, dark pink and teal bags, pipe line on top and bottom of each cookie, alternating colors as desired.
- Pipe dots under top and above bottom line, alternating colors as desired.
- Saddle cookies:
- Switch dark pink, teal, dark blue and yellow bags with tip 5. Starting with dark blue, pipe half circle on cookie (use toothpick or circle cookie cutter to outline shape, if desired). Continue filling in half circle with teal, dark pink and yellow icing.
- Switch all bags to tip 3. Pipe dots along edge of half circle.
- Using black icing, pipe scallops on white icing.
- Llama cookies:
*Combine Rose and Violet icing colors to get dark pink color shown. Combine Royal Blue and Violet icing colors to get dark blue color shown.
**Makes about 27 cookies.
Share Your Treats!
Be sure to tag your photo