Treat your Valentine to one of these cute Sprinkled with Love Valentine’s Day cupcakes. Topped with candy hearts coated in nonpareils, these tasty Valentine’s Day treats are perfect for anyone looking to party heart-y!
Sprinkled with Love Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
- Other helpful tools: Pencil, tape, scissors, ruler
Step 1: Make the Candy Hearts
- Using a pencil and a heart cookie cutter set, trace several hearts on the backside of a piece of parchment paper.
- Tape the parchment paper, pencil side down, to a 10 x 14 in.cake board.
Step 2: Melt the Candy Melts Candy
- Melt the Bright White Candy Melts candy in the microwave or a double boiler, following the instructions on the package. Pour the melted candy into a decorating bag. Cut about ¼ in. off the tip of the bag.
Step 3: Pipe Candy Hearts
- Following the heart pattern, outline and fill in the hearts with the melted candy, piping and decorating one heart at a time. Tap and shake the cutting board to help smooth out the candy, if necessary.
- Immediately sprinkle the piped heart with dark red, pink or white nonpareils.
- Repeat until you have one heart per cupcake.
- Chill your candy hearts in the refrigerator until they’re set, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- When set, attach a 4 in. lollipop stick to the backside of each heart using the remaining melted candy. Chill in the refrigerator again to set the candy, about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Bake Your Cupcakes
- Prepare your yellow cake batter following the recipe instructions. Bake and cool your cupcakes in white cupcake liners.
Step 5: Tint the Buttercream
- Using Rose and Violet icing colors, tint 3 cups buttercream magenta.
- Prepare a decorating bag with tip 1M and fill with magenta buttercream.
Step 6: Decorate Your Cupcakes
- Using the magenta buttercream, pipe a 1M rosette on the top of each cupcake.
- Insert one candy heart into the center of each rosette.
- Finally, sprinkle your cupcakes with a variety of Valentine’s Day and heart-shaped sprinkles.