Forget the candy and flowers – this year show your sweetheart how much you love them by making this rich and delicious chocolate bread pudding recipe. Made using Candy Melts candy and buttery croissants, this decadent dessert is a chocolate lover’s dream come true!
Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 9 Inch Heart-Shaped Pan
- Vegetable Pan Spray
- Mixing Bowls
- ½ Cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melts Candy
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar (Confectioners' Sugar)
- Fresh Strawberries or Raspberries , to Serve (Optional)
Step 1: Prepare the Pan
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9in. heart-shaped pan with vegetable pan spray.
- Don’t have a heart pan? You can also make this recipe in a 9x 9 in. square pan.
Step 2: Melt Candy Melts Candy
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine 1 ½ cups Dark Cocoa Candy Melts candy with ½ cup heavy whipping cream. Microwave on half (50%) power for 60 seconds. Stir to combine the butter and candy.
- Continue heating the mixture in 30-second intervals at half power, stirring between each interval. Continue until the candy is melted and the mixture is nice and smooth.
Step 3: Prepare Bread Pudding
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the melted candy and butter mixture until everything is smooth and incorporated. It’s important to do this step slowly, as you don’t want the heat of the chocolate to cook your eggs!
- Finally, add the cubed croissants and toss together until everything is evenly coated.
Step 4: Bake the Bread Pudding
- Pour the prepared mixture into your pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step 5: Make the Sauce and Whipped Cream
- As you’re enjoying the lovely smells coming from your oven, you can whip up the bread pudding sauce and whipped cream so you can serve your dessert nice and warm!
- For the sauce, combine ½ cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melts candy and ¼ cup heavy whipping ream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on half (50%) power for 60 seconds, then stir. Continue heating the mixture in 30-second intervals at half power until candy is melted and the sauce is smooth. Don’t forget to stir between each interval!
- Once all the candy has melted, you can transfer your sauce to a pourable dish or serve it from the bowl. You can also reheat it in 30-second intervals if it needs to be warmed up.
- For the whipped cream, combine ½ cup heavy whipping cream with 3 tablespoons powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip the cream until it reaches soft peaks, about 1 minute.
Step 6: Serve!
- For the best possible experience, serve your bread pudding warm with a drizzle of your chocolate sauce and a big dollop of whipped cream. For added color, place some fresh strawberries or raspberries on the side.
Check out more Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Looking for a fun gift for Valentine’s Day? These Valentines Day gift basket ideas are great for couples who love to bake and eat together! The best Valentine’s Day gifts are the ones that are a bit out of the (candy) box. Sure, flowers and chocolates are nice, but...
These heart-shaped brownie bites are a delicious and fun treat you can make for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Topped with a drizzle of Candy Melts candy and some fun sprinkles, these treats are perfect for kids and adults alike!
Treat your Valentine to one of these cute Sprinkled with Love Valentine’s Day cupcakes. Topped with candy hearts coated in nonpareils, these tasty Valentine’s Day treats are perfect for anyone looking to party heart-y!