Create your own edible pumpkin patch with these cute Pumpkin Patch Cupcakes. Use a variety of star piping tips to top your pumpkins with swirls, zig-zags or elongated shells.
An easy project for beginning decorators, these cute pumpkin cupcakes are a great dessert for Thanksgiving, fall birthdays or baby showers.
- Favorite chocolate cake mix or recipe
- Stiff White Decorator Icing, 16 oz. can
- Orange Icing Color
- Kelly Green Icing Color
- Muffin Pan
- Cooling Grid
- Standard White Cupcake Liners
- I Taught Myself Buttercream Flowers Decorating Book Set
- Leaf Tip 352, Star Tips 1M, 18 and 4B, Flower Nail 7 and disposable decorating bags used
- Round Decorating Tip 3
- Standard Coupler
Step 1: Bake Cupcakes. Prepare cake mix according to recipe instructions. Bake and cool in white cupcake liners.
Step 2: Tint Icing. Using Orange and Green icing colors, tint 2 cans of icing orange and 1 can green.
Step 3: Prepare Bags. Prepare 3 bags, separately, with tips 1M, 4B and 18. Fill each with orange icing. Prepare one bag with standard coupler, green icing and tip 3.
Step 4: Decorate Cupcakes.
- For Swirl Pumpkins, pipe 1M swirl. Pipe stem and tendrils with tip 3 switch to tip 352 and pipe two leaves.
- For Zig-Zag Pumpkins use tip 18. Pipe a mound, about the size of a quarter. Using a toothpick, divide into 8ths. Starting at outer edge of cupcake top, pipe zigzag up to top of mound. Repeat 7 times. Pipe stem and tendrils with tip 3; switch to tip 352 and pipe two leaves.
- For Elongated Shell Pumpkins, use tip 4B cupcakes. Pipe a mound. Using a toothpick, divide into 8ths. Starting at outer edge of cupcake top, pipe an elongated shell, moving toward center. Repeat 7 times. Pipe stem and tendrils with tip 3; switch to tip 352 and pipe two leaves.