This smooth and creamy cream cheese recipe is simple and delicious. Light and fluffy in texture learning how to make this homemade cream cheese frosting is all you need to take your red velvet cupcakes and freshly-baked carrot cakes to the next level.
Best of all, you only need four ingredients to get started with this sweet frosting. A crowd-pleaser with kids and adults alike, this classic cream cheese frosting will add another layer of delicious flavor to your favorite layer cakes.
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter (2 sticks softened)
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese (8 ounces each)
- 8 Cups Powdered Sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla (optional), and milk. Beat on high until smooth (30 - 60 seconds). If frosting seems too thin, add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Check out more Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Looking for a fun gift for Valentine’s Day? These Valentines Day gift basket ideas are great for couples who love to bake and eat together! The best Valentine’s Day gifts are the ones that are a bit out of the (candy) box. Sure, flowers and chocolates are nice, but...
These heart-shaped brownie bites are a delicious and fun treat you can make for your loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Topped with a drizzle of Candy Melts candy and some fun sprinkles, these treats are perfect for kids and adults alike!
Treat your Valentine to one of these cute Sprinkled with Love Valentine’s Day cupcakes. Topped with candy hearts coated in nonpareils, these tasty Valentine’s Day treats are perfect for anyone looking to party heart-y!