This smooth and creamy cream cheese recipe is simple and delicious. Light and fluffy in texture learning how to make this homemade cream cheese frosting is all you need to take your red velvet cupcakes and freshly-baked carrot cakes to the next level.
Best of all, you only need four ingredients to get started with this sweet frosting. A crowd-pleaser with kids and adults alike, this classic cream cheese frosting will add another layer of delicious flavor to your favorite layer cakes.
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter (2 sticks softened)
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese (8 ounces each)
- 8 Cups Powdered Sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla (optional), and milk. Beat on high until smooth (30 - 60 seconds). If frosting seems too thin, add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Check out more Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Looking for a fun gift for Valentine’s Day? Try surprising the loved ones in your life with one of these homemade Valentine’s Day baskets!The best Valentine’s Day gifts are the ones that are a bit out of the (candy) box. Sure, flowers and chocolates are nice, but why...
Treat your loved one to a delicious heart-shaped cake! Featuring a delicious red velvet cake recipe, this tasty recipe is great for beginning bakers and decorators of all ages. Perfect for Valentine’s Day too!
Nothing says ‘I love you’ quite like homemade cookies. Skip the store-bought stuff and bake up a batch of Valentine cookies your sweetheart will love.