This smooth and creamy cream cheese recipe is simple and delicious. Light and fluffy in texture learning how to make this homemade cream cheese frosting is all you need to take your red velvet cupcakes and freshly-baked carrot cakes to the next level.
Best of all, you only need four ingredients to get started with this sweet frosting. A crowd-pleaser with kids and adults alike, this classic cream cheese frosting will add another layer of delicious flavor to your favorite layer cakes.
Easy Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 Cup Butter (2 sticks softened)
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese (8 ounces each)
- 8 Cups Powdered Sugar (confectioners' sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese with a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla (optional), and milk. Beat on high until smooth (30 - 60 seconds). If frosting seems too thin, add powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. If it seems too thick, add more milk 1 teaspoon at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency.
Check out more Valentine’s Day Ideas!
Indulge in the dark and delicious world of revenge with our heart-shaped black cake, a wicked twist on the classic dessert. This Bad Romance-inspired creation is as intriguing as it is decadent, featuring layers of rich chocolate and a hauntingly smooth black...
Remember your favorite pre-made brownies? You know the ones, with the little curly-haired girl in a hat on the box. The brownies that were perfect when thrown into a lunchbox, savored on the bus ride home or enjoyed after school with a tall glass of cold milk in front...
Add some red, white & blue desserts to your Independence Day party, picnic or cookout with these awesome recipes. Check out our favs and try one yourself!