Great for gifting for the holidays, hot cocoa bombs are a fun and exciting treat for cocoa lovers. With this rich and delicious cocoa mix, you can fill your chocolate bombs with a tasty mix everyone is sure to love. Best of all, we’ll show you two different cocoa bomb flavor ideas for crafting the perfect cup!
Fun Cocoa Bomb Flavor Ideas
Use this mix and one of these fun flavor combinations to craft a delicious cup of hot cocoa!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Bombs
Prepare the cocoa bomb mold using melted Candy Cane Candy Melts candy. Fill shell with 2 tablespoons hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows. Once assembled, drizzle with remaining melted Candy Cane candy and top with Peppermint Crunch Sprinkles.
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup Nonfat or Whole Dry Milk Powder
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- ¾ cup Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
- 1 package Dark Chocolate or Fudge-Flavored Instant Pudding Mix (3.6 to 3.9 oz.)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
Step 1: Prepare the Mix
- In a large bowl, combine the dry milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, pudding mix, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
Step 2: Assemble the Cocoa Bombs
- Prepare your hot cocoa bombs using your Candy Melts candy of your choice and a cocoa bomb mold. Fill the bottom shell with 2 tablespoons of mix and any other marshmallows or fillings your desire.
- Secure the top shell to the bottom following the package instructions.
- To make spiced hot cocoa mix, add 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to cocoa ingredients.
- You can also use this mix to prepare a cup of hot cocoa without the bomb! Simply stir 3 tablespoons of mix into a cup of hot milk, then stir until dissolved.
Check out more winter recipes and how-tos:
Sweet and simple. These adorable Penguin Cupcakes will steal your heart. Easy buttercream frosting and cute details make it super easy to decorate a dozen or more in time for Valentine’s Day.
Enjoy all the warm and delicious flavors of your favorite winter drink with these Hot Cocoa Cookies. Rich, chewy and oh so chocolatey, these bite-sized treats are sure to become a new holiday favorite!
A Yule log, or French Bûche de Noël, is a traditional dessert served at Christmas, and may appear to come straight out of the forest. Our version of the Christmas yule log cake is a bit fancier, decorated with roses, carnations, pine, and holly. Serve this...