Treat your loved one to a delicious heart-shaped cake this Valentine’s Day. Featuring a delicious red velvet cake recipe, this tasty Valentine’s Day treat is great for beginning bakers and decorators of all ages.
Heart-Shaped Cake for Valentine’s Day
Step 1: Prepare and Bake Cake
- Prepare the red velvet cake batter following the recipe instructions. If you’re using our recipe above, you will have some extra batter left over. You can make two heart-shaped cakes or use the extra batter to make some cupcakes!
Step 2: Prepare the Frosting
- We’re using Ermine frosting to decorate this cake. This French-inspired frosting is smooth, rich and creates a flavor that’s very similar to cream cheese frosting, though it doesn’t contain any cream cheese.
- If you’d rather use cream cheese frosting, check out our Easy Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, which tastes amazing with red velvet cake.
- Prepare the Ermine or cream cheese frosting following the recipe instructions, then use the 9 in. angled spatula to ice the top and sides of your cake smooth.
Step 3: Decorate the Cake
- For the top border, prepare a decorating bag with tip 1M and about a cup of the remaining frosting. Pipe stars around the top edge of the cake.
- Finally, top the border with the Valentine nonpareils and confetti sprinkles from the mix.
Best Valentine’s Day Desserts for Sharing
Easy Strawberry Desserts
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe from Scratch