This delicious strawberry brownies recipe is great for sharing with those you love on Valentine’s Day, making for some sweet treats to enjoy at a baby shower, or for strawberry lovers to eat anytime they want a delicious dessert!
For the Brownies
- Vegetable Pan Spray
- 2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Package Freeze-Dried Strawberries (1.2 oz. package, about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 Cup Butter 2 Sticks, Melted
- 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
- Pink Icing Color
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs
For the Glaze
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Step 1: Prepare the Pan
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x9 in. pan with nonstick vegetable spray.
- Love the light blue pan in the photo? It’s from our Texturra Bakeware Collection! We used the Texturra Performance Nonstick Oblong Pan to make these brownies, but any 13 x 9 in. pan will work.
Step 2: Prepare Dry Ingredients
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set it aside for later.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the freeze-dried strawberries until they form a soft powder, about 30 seconds to a minute should do it. Set that aside, too.
Step 3: Prepare Wet Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the melted butter, sugar and strawberry powder with an electric mixer until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Add the lemon juice and pink food coloring, then continue beating until everything is combined.
- How to Add Pink Food ColoringTo add the gel food coloring, dip a toothpick into the color, then swipe the color into the batter. Mix until color is thoroughly incorporated. If the color is too light, add a little more food coloring until you achieve the right shade of pink.If you need to add more food coloring, use a fresh toothpick to avoid contamination.
Step 4: Incorporate the Ingredients
- Once your batter is the right shade of pink, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until everything is evenly mixed.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan.
Step 5: Bake and Cool
- Bake your strawberry brownies for 20 to 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Once done, let your brownies cool completely on a cooling grid.
Step 6: Make the Glaze
- To prepare the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, 2tablespoons of milk and vanilla extract. Use the whisk to break up any sugar clumps. Your glaze should be nice and smooth!
- If your icing is too stiff, add more milk – 1 teaspoon at a time – until you reach the desired consistency. It should be smooth and pourable.
Step 7: Decorate!
- Drizzle your glaze over your cooled brownies, then use a spatula or the back of a spoon to smooth it into an even layer. Once your glaze has set, cut your brownies into servings and enjoy!