Want to know how to make box cake better?. With some simple homemade hacks and easy to follow instructions, you can make a pound cake from a cake mix you get at the grocery store and make it taste like it belongs in a glass display at your local bakery. Impress friends and family with our tips and tricks today!
Pound Cake From Cake Mix
- Vegetable Pan Spray
- 1 Package Your Favorite Cake Mix
- 1 Package Instant Pudding and Pie Filling Mix (4-serving size)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan and place onto wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until sugar is completely dissolved. Divide glaze into 6 separate bowls.
Using icing colors, tint glaze as follows:
- 1 bowl pink (use Pink Icing Color)
- 1 bowl yellow (use Lemon Yellow Icing Color)
- 1 bowl green (combine Kelly Green and Sky Blue Icing Colors)
- 1 bowl teal (combine Sky Blue and Kelly Green Icing Colors)
- 1 bowl periwinkle (combine Violet and Sky Blue Icing Colors)
- 1 bowl white
- Prepare 6 decorating bags, separately, with pink, yellow, green, teal, periwinkle and white glaze. Cut small tip off each bag.
- Pipe drops of white glaze over top of cake. Alternate piping colored glaze and white glaze, allowing icing to drip down sides of cake. Continue filling in gaps. Tap cake on surface to help icing drip, if needed.
Check out more tips & tricks
How to Make Cupcakes from Scratch
Muffin and Cupcake Pans 101
Piping Tips a Guide To Get You Started
Buttercream Frosting Tips and Tricks
Classic Pound Cake
Blooming Cupcake Cake
Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
Chocolate Pound Cake