Let this homemade rich creamy chocolate ganache icing drip down the side of a chocolate cake for a decadent treat. Learn how to make ganache using Candy Melts candy or chocolate chips. This easy chocolate ganache recipe will make any dessert stand out!
Chocolate Ganache Icing Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Sauce Pan
- Cooling grid or wire rack
- Cake board
- 1 package Light or Dark Candy Melts Candy (12 Oz.) chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
How to make candy ganache
- In a saucepan or microwave oven, heat whipping cream just to the boiling point. DO NOT BOIL.Remove from heat or microwave, add chopped Candy Melts candy, and stir until smooth and glossy.If the mixture is too thick, add 1 to 2tablespoons additional warm whipping cream.
How to glaze a cake
- Place the cake on a cake board cut to fit and position on a wire rack over a drip pan. Pour the glaze into the center and work out toward the edges.
For whipped ganache
- Follow the recipe above, using 3/4 cup whipping cream. Allow the mixture to set and cool to room temperature (it will have the consistency of pudding; this may take 1 to 2 hours). With an electric mixer, whip on high speed until light and soft peaks form.
- Candy ganache glaze can be poured over buttercream or directly on a cake or treat.
- Substitute any color Candy Melts candy for a colorful glaze or white Candy Melts candy for a rich and creamy white ganache.
How to Use Candy Melts for Baking and Decorating
Great for melting, drizzling, dunking and dipping, Candy Melts candy comes in a wide selection of colors and flavors.
How to Make Basic Chocolate Ganache & Truffles
Whether you like them with nuts, sprinkles or a dusting of cocoa, truffles are a decadent treat for chocolate lovers, and a fun way to top cakes, cupcakes and more.